||Linda Otto Lipsett
||2 pages acknowledgments, including the Chelmsford names of Jane Drury, Julia P. Fogg, The Chelmsford Historical Society, and George Parkhurst all who helped in the research for the chapter: 4 A Piece of Ellen's Dress .
- The chapter deals with the Friendship Quilt made by Ella Elizabeth Spaulding of Ludlow, Vt. for her marriage to her first cousin, Willard Reed from Chelmsford, Mass.
- Willard was the son of Joseph and Leonora Spaulding Reed. At age 2, his mother died and
Joseph married Maria Eaton.
- The Reeds attended the First Congregational Society of Chelmsford; and the legacy of Maria
Reed to the Church is still carried on the books of the Women's Alliance as the "Maria Reed Fund".
- Maria Reed's name is one of those inscribed on Ellen Reed's quilt. She was the step-mother
- beautiful and exacting photography
||The Quilt Digest Press
Women & Their Friendship Quilts